Cambridge English First (FCE) for Schools
Cambridge English First FS (new exam format from January 2015)
What is FCE for Schools?
The First Certificate in English for Schools is an examination at an intermediate level, set at level B2 of the Council of Europe's Common Framework for languages. FCE and FCE for Schools follow exactly the same format and the level of the question papers is identical.
The content and treatment of topics in FCE for Schools have been particularly targeted at the interests and experience of school pupils.
At B2 level typical users can be expected to:
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing
- keep up a conversation on a fairly wide range of topics, expressing opinions and presenting arguments
- produce clear, detailed writing, expressing opinions and explaining the advantages and disadvantages of different points of view.
Format of the exam
- Reading & Use of English (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Writitng (1 hour 20 minutes)
- Listening (40 minutes)
- Speaking (14 minutes)
Please click here for further details about the exam format.
Flexible Test Options
The First Certificate in English for Schools can be taken as standard test (pencil and paper) or computer-based:
- Standard (pencil and paper)
Computer-based Exams: free sample test
Watch this tutorial before you try the practice tests below, this will help you understand what you need to do.
Here you can find some useful tips for your exam.
Available Dates and Prices
Please check all available First Certificate in English for Schools exam dates and prices by clicking on the following link: overview dates and prices
Support for Candidates
Support for Teachers
|Speaking Test Preparation Pack
|Handbook for teachers
order hardcopy here
|FCE fS Self-Study pack
|Past Paper Pack for the Classroom
|Past Paper Pack for Candidates
|Speaking Test Preparation Pack incl. DVD